We are committed to the belief that all individuals with developmental disabilities have the inalienable right to live, learn, work, and participate in the community, consistent with the principle of normalization.
Siffrin, Inc. is committed to the belief that all individuals with developmental disabilities have the inalienable right to live, learn, work, and participate in the community, consistent with the principle of normalization. Services provided by Siffrin, either directly or through affiliation, shall be designed to promote these rights.
Using a holistic approach, Siffrin will focus on providing and improving services that enhance personal dignity, increase opportunities for ownership, support individual empowerment, and assure the opportunity for involvement of individual's families, friends, advocates, and the general public.
Siffrin is committed to the following principles and values in the development and provision of services:
- People shall have real choices in all aspects of their daily lives.
- People shall have opportunities for interaction with a variety of people.
- People shall have opportunities to use a variety of community services, to be in a variety of community environments, and to gain a variety of community experiences.
- Access to meaningful daily activities shall be present in each person's life.
- Each person shall have access to non-aversive interventions to promote his/her desired behavior.
- Services shall be structured so that each person has the opportunity to develop a personal sense of competence and worth.
- Siffrin shall encourage the development and maintenance of relationships with friends, family, and others in the community.
- People will have the freedom of movement and the right to privacy.
- People will have the right to secure and sufficient financial resources.
- People shall have a sense of ownership and belonging in their lives.